Welcome to our "Year Of The Farmer" Cyber Crop ... and ... second birthday celebrations for Red Earth Scrapping.
To kick off the CC I have a quiz challenge for you. It has 4 parts and you MUST complete all parts to be in the running for the CC Queen prize at the end of the month.
Here's how it works -
- There are 40 quiz questions, yep, 40!!! But to make things easier, I will give you 10 questions each Wednesday during August (1st, 8th, 16th, 22nd).
- You need to e-mail your answers to each section directly to me helen @ redearthscrapping.com.au
- ALL answers must reach me by the 31st August
- Each question is worth 1 point - the person with the highest score overall is the winner of this challenge
- Google and the like is NOT allowed and I ask for your honesty in this regard. It's ok if you have no clue about the answers, just give it your best guess, and if you're really, really stuck, I might provide some clues ...
- HAVE FUN!!! and hopefully learn a little bit about Australian agriculture along the way
I will post the questions each week over in the original forum post and here on the blog. If you have any comments/questions please use the forum comments as per usual, or you can e-mail me.
(a) On an animal
(b) On a plant
2. What’s the difference between a cow and a heifer?
3. Dorset, Merino and Suffolk are all breeds of what animal?
4. Which is the odd one out here?
5. Which beef cattle breeds are crossed to produce Brangus cattle?
6. How many stomachs does a cow have?
7. Aquaculture is what type of farming?
8. What is maize also known as?
9. Approximately how many litres of milk per day, on average, does the modern dairy cow produce?
10. What is special about Wagyu steak?